Waterproofing (Basements & Patios)
Have you recently noticed signs of basement water damage? If you are in the process of buying, selling or evening repairing your current forever home, basement waterproofing may be an excellent solution for you. Carlton Cleans offers basement waterproofing options designed to fix or prevent most basement water issues ensuring the health of your family while protecting your home investment.
Potential Signs of Basement Water Damage Include:
- Mold and Mildew: Mold and mildew are two types of fungus that grow in a damp environment. They can cultivate on a multitude of surfaces from cardboard to food and cause a variety of health issues especially for babies and the elderly population. Mold exposure can lead to health issues such as nausea, asthma, running nose, chronic cough, labored breathing and much more.
- Cracks: Vertical cracks can appear as your foundation ages. However, horizontal cracks are caused by pressure, usually water pressure, against your walls or foundation. Either way, both types of cracks can cause water seepage if left unrepaired.
- Rust Stains: Rust can be found on metals such as iron or steel and will appear as reddish flakes. Rust generally indications moisture exposure whether past or present.
- Efflorescence: Efflorescence is a white mineral deposit that can build up on concrete, brick or clay tiles. It can appear in powder form and generally occurs when water seepage has occurred leaving minerals behind.
- Stained Floors: Water absorption can leave behind a discoloration on floors.
- Wet or Rotting Wood: As wood is exposed to moisture it will begin to rot. Airborne spores may cause wood to decay as the temperature rises allowing the spores to germinate and penetrate the wood surfaces.
Carlton Cleans can solve all kinds of wet basement problems, such as humidity, improper drainage, leaks, and flooding, leaving you with a dry and healthy basement environment. As if mold and mildew growth are not enough, basement water damage can result in cracked foundations leaving you with a costly repair bill. If you are experiencing leaking walls or water seepage through foundation cracks or floors, you need to find the right basement waterproofing solution quickly.
Do Not Delay…
Water damage can be a costly repair. The longer you wait to fix the issues, the bigger the problems will be. It is necessary to keep your basement dry at all times. Carlton Cleans can help you select the best basement waterproofing solution that will keep your basement dry and your family healthy. Whether you have a damp or wet basement, foundation cracks, or a musty crawl space, Carlton Cleans is here to assist you!
Concrete Patio Waterproofing
Concrete patio waterproofing is important for protecting a concrete patio from damage and wear. It’s not a job that should be done just once and forgotten about, but periodically over the life of the patio. It’s also a job that’s best left to a professional for best results.
Sealing the Concrete
The initial conditioning of the patio after installation should typically include sealing the concrete. This protects it from the elements until its first periodic waterproofing. It creates a barrier to keep water and moist conditions away from your patio, while also allowing things to escape, such as water vapors that may have become trapped. Keeping water out also ensures that the patio will not become stained by mold or mildew.
Prevent Issues with waterproofing
Other issues that may be prevented include corrosion, efflorescence (caused by crystalline salts left behind), damage from freezing and thawing, and spalling (caused by small bits of material that break off). By sealing the concrete and performing waterproofing, these issues can be avoided, which increased the durability and extends the lifetime of the patio.
Concrete Patio Waterproofing Sealers
There are two types of sealers used: film-forming sealers, which leave a layer of epoxy, acrylic, or urethane on the surface, and penetrating sealers, which penetrates the surface and forms a chemical barrier, usually utilizing silanes, siloxanes, silicates, or siliconates. Film-forming sealers are affordable and widely available but wear off quickly and must be reapplied frequently.
By contrast, penetrating sealers must be ordered from specialty dealers at a higher cost but are extremely durable and long-lasting. In some cases, the sealer may last the entire lifetime of the patio and never need to be reapplied. There is a noticeable difference between the two types of sealer: film-forming sealers leave a wet or glossy look, while penetrating sealers do not alter the appearance of the patio at all.
Note that new concrete should not be waterproofed. Sealer should only be applied after a month has passed since the installation of the new patio.
Contact Carlton Cleans Today
Let Carlton Cleans be the company you trust when it comes to all your basement waterproofing and concrete patio waterproofing needs. From consultation to work completed, Carlton Cleans will take the time needed to ensure quality work and customer satisfaction. Contact us today to discuss the best concrete patio and basement waterproofing option for your specific water issues.